If you ask a good question, you get a good answer. The secret of asking good questions
is to be REALLY specific about what you want to know and demonstrate you have done some work to solve your problem.
Here's a list of the most horrible questions ever asked in the history of humanity:
- This doesn't work. How do I make this work?
- This is broken. How do I fix it?
- I don't understand what's wrong. How do I do the thing?
The characteristics of better questions:
- Very specifically describe what isn't working
- Very specifically describe what you have tried
- Often include error messages
- Share the code that isn't working
- Include screenshots of the problem
- Very clearly explain your goal